Probate, Trust and Estate Litigation
The probate process (and administration of a living trust) are generally uneventful and proceed smoothly. However, when significant assets are at stake, or if documents are not carefully drafted, it is not uncommon for a dispute to arise.
We have represented clients in connection with:
- Will and trust contests
- Claims by beneficiaries
- Challenges to the validity of a will, such as allegations of lack of testamentary capacity, fraud, coercion, undue influence, improper execution, lack of capacity
- Cases involving potential abuse by caregivers under Prob. Code section 21350
- Representation of executors
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Disputes over estate management
- Disputes over executors’ accounting
We have represented clients in all phases of probate litigation, from the pre-trial phase, in mediations, at trial, or on appeal. We represent beneficiaries of estates, administrators and executors. We also represent individuals and corporations accused of breaching a fiduciary duty.